A Virtual Event
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education
September 23rd – 25th, 2021
ARM (Annual Research Meet) is a forum hosted at the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE), TIFR, Mumbai, to present and discuss work in the field of Education in general and STEM Education in particular.
While most conferences showcase finished products of research, the purpose of the Annual Research Meet at HBCSE is to allow early career researchers, teachers, and educational activists to present and receive feedback on work-in-progress.
We are pleased to announce that HBCSE is hosting its 11th Annual Research Meet (ARM) from September 23rd (Thursday) – September 25th (Saturday), 2021. This year, the meet shall be hosted on a virtual platform as a series of talks, presentations, panel discussions, and posters. Attendance will be through prior registration.
Like the previous year, ARM 2021 is being hosted in a virtual format on the webinar.hbcse.tifr.res.in/ zoom platform as a series of talks, presentations, panel discussions, and posters. Attendance will be through prior registration.
We invite presentations encompassing (but NOT limited to) the following topics:
- History and Philosophy of Science
- Discourse Analysis
- Mathematics Education
- Cognitive Studies of Science Learning
- Structure and Dynamics of Knowledge
- Education Policy
- Teacher Education
- Science, Technology, Society & Environment Education (STSEE)
- Gender & Identity Studies in Science & Technology
- Equity Studies in Science Education
- Design & Technology Education
- Philosophy of Education
- Educational Technology
- and other allied fields.
Researchers can present literature reviews, pilot studies, preliminary data analyses, research papers, topical discussions, posters and the like.
In the new format
- 2 sessions (of 2 hours each) will be held each day.
- Presentations will include real-time interactions between speakers and the audience on the virtual platform.
- The virtual format for Poster presentations will enable participants to exhibit their work on this website. A dedicated space will be available for readers/visitors to comment, suggest and discuss with authors during all days of Meet.
- Panel Discussions will include experts from the field of Education, besides Administrators, Academic Coordinators and Researchers from diverse fields. They will speak on and address issues raised by the larger community of scholars.
We hope that this event provides you with the space for conversations, academic or otherwise, in times of social distancing.
We look forward to stimulating discussions, creating opportunities, and pushing the boundaries of STEM education scholarship through this engagement.
To know more about ARM and its previous editions